April 5, 2010

Parenting Tip #682: What NOT to do before Road Trip

So, the first sign foreshadowing that my road trip might have some slight opposition was revealed the day before we left when I happened to catch a glimpse in the rear view mirror a terrible sight! My well-meaning 2YO decides to sideswipe a big slice of her CHEESE-burger to her lactose-intolerant baby brother from across two car seats. Noooooooooooo! I yell, my hands gripping the wheel debating if I should pull over and intervene. She looked at me with her innocent big eyes that spoke, “don’t you want me to share?” But, alas, it was too late. Baby boy was devouring the cheese with the biggest bright orange grin I’ve ever seen. Note to self, NEVER give Toddler-girl cheese within a 10-foot radius of baby boy again especially NOT before a road trip! But then, to my surprise, the rest of the day baby boy was fine. Usually, it would take only an hour or two for it to reap havoc on his system. Could he have outgrown this predicament?

24 Hours Later . . .
Yes, you guessed it, another surprise visit from our friend and foe, the relentless Mr. Poopie. Well, I’m not going to even dignify Mr. Poopie with a response today by giving him any further attention. But, you can imagine Mommy trying to pack for a weekend, all the baby gear, snacks, bottles, blankees, and appropriate accessories, while making frequent trips to the changing table wrestling a curious, quite stinky, wigging baby boy but prepared this time with more than a sufficient supply of baby wipes! This is when Mommy needs a vacation from vacation.

Don't forget to vote for me in the top mommy blogs by clicking to the right of this post. You can vote 1x per day. We're now #2 in the humor category.

Posted by Laura

1 comment:

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said...

hahahaha I love hearing Mr. Poopie stories! Logan HATES his car seat, so it was adventure for us too!